Name of the single sign-on service
HZSK Service Provider
Data controller and contact person
Purpose of the processing of personal data
The HZSK Service Provider provides access to linguistic data and services (e.g. in the form of webservices). The processing of personal data allows the administration of the access to certain protected resources. Individual user IDs are logged when accessing data and services and might be retrieved and further processed in the case of misuse.
Processed personal data
The following data is retrieved automated from the home organization of the user, stored and processed, completely or in parts - provided that the user's home organization is willing to release the data or parts of it to the HZSK Service Provider:
- a unique user identifier (eduPersonPrincipalName)
- a unique identifier (eduPersonTargetedID, targeted-id, persistent-id) that the user's home organization issues specifically for the HZSK Service Provider
- the full name of the user (cn, commonName)
- the institutional affiliation of the user (affiliation)
- the email address of the user (mail)
If the user's home organization does not provide the necessary user attributes in an appropriate manner, the user might be requested to provide the necessary personal data himself in order to use certain services and resources at the HZSK.
Third parties to whom personal data is disclosed
When access to protected resources is requested by the user, his personal data and additional data retrieved during the access procedure will be disclosed to the depositor(s) of the requested resources so that they can assess whether or not access should be granted. The depositor(s) could reside in a country outside of the EU/EEA.
Access, rectification and deletion of personal data
- Contact a contact person at the HZSK (see above).
- To rectify the data released by your home organization, contact your home organization's IT helpdesk.
Personal data of regular users is deleted on request of the user or if the user has not used the service for five years. Personal data of users who have deposited resources at the HZSK is only deleted upon request by the user.
Data Protection Code of Conduct
The personal data of users will be protected according to the Code of Conduct for Service Providers, a common standard for the research and higher education sector to protect the privacy of users.
Cookies, tracking, and use of the HZSK webpages